Are Christians Supposed to Witness About Jesus Christ?

Are Christians supposed to 
witness to others about 
salvation through faith in 
Jesus Christ alone? Let's 
see what God's Holy 
Word, the King James 
Bible, says.

First, let me say that 
although some people may 
reject you, or get angry 
at you for witnessing to 
them about Jesus Christ, 
read what Peter and the 
other apostles told the 
religious leaders who 
commanded that they
stop teaching in Jesus
Christ's name: 

Acts 5:29

Then Peter and the other 
apostles answered and 
said, We ought to obey 
God rather than men.

And Jesus Christ told us 
if we are ashamed of Him, 
He will be ashamed of 
us!

Mark 8:38

Whosoever therefore shall 
be ashamed of me and of 
my words in this adulterous 
and sinful generation; of 
him also shall the Son of 
man be ashamed, when 
he cometh in the glory of 
his Father with the holy 
angels.

We all receive God's Holy 
Ghost (Holy Spirit as He 
is sometimes called in 
Scripture) when we 
receive Jesus Christ as 
our personal Saviour, 
so this commission to 
share the gospel of 
salvation through faith in 
Jesus Christ's death and 
resurrection for our sins 
is for all of his followers 
(us), not just those living 
back in the first century.

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive 
power, after that the 
Holy Ghost is come upon 
you: and ye shall be 
witnesses unto me both 
in Jerusalem, and in all 
Judaea, and in Samaria, 
and unto the uttermost 
part of the earth.

God will hold us 
accountable if we do 
not witness to others! 

Ezekiel 3:18

When I say unto the wicked, 
Thou shalt surely die; and 
thou givest him not warning, 
nor speakest to warn the 
wicked from his wicked 
way, to save his life; the 
same wicked man shall 
die in his iniquity; but his 
blood will I require at 
thine hand.

Ezekiel 33:8

When I say unto the 
wicked, O wicked man, 
thou shalt surely die; if 
thou dost not speak to 
warn the wicked from 
his way, that wicked 
man shall die in his 
iniquity; but his blood 
will I require at thine 
hand.

Many years ago I failed to 
witness about Jesus 
Christ to several people 
who are now deceased. 
I didn't witness because 
I didn't want to be laughed 
at or rejected by those 
people. Now, many years 
later, I have learned that 
Jesus Christ had 
commanded me and 
you to witness about 
salvation through faith 
in His death and 
resurrection for our sins. 
I  regret that those people 
probably died in their sins 
because I was a coward. 

So, now I am witnessing to 
others about Jesus Christ 
through this website, and 
by leaving Chick cartoon 
tracts wherever I go. 
Although I cannot change 
what I failed to do in the 
past, I am trying my best 
to share with others about 
Jesus Christ now. 

Matthew Jesus said:

5:15 Neither do men 
light a candle, and 
put it under a bushel, 
but on a candlestick; 
and it giveth light unto 
all that are in the house. 

5:16 Let your light so 
shine before men, that 
they may see your good 
works, and glorify your 
Father which is in 
heaven.

Here are two very 
encouraging Bible verses 
where Jesus tells us that 
we should not worry what 
to say when speaking to 
others about Him 
because the Holy Spirit, 
who is within every true 
believer, will give us the 
words to say. Read 
these words of Jesus 
regularly to comfort you 
that you are not alone 
when you speak out 
for Him.

Matthew

10:19 But when they 
deliver you up, take 
no thought how or 
what ye shall speak: 
for it shall be given you 
in that same hour what 
ye shall speak.

10:20 For it is not ye 
that speak, but the 
Spirit of your Father 
which speaketh in you.  

Mark

13:11 But when they 
shall lead you, and 
deliver you up, take 
no thought beforehand 
what ye shall speak, 
neither do ye premeditate: 
but whatsoever shall be 
given you in that hour, 
that speak ye: for it is 
not ye that speak, but 
the Holy Ghost. 

When Jesus commands 
us to witness to others, it 
is just because he wants 
everyone to be saved 
from their sins! Ask Jesus 
to put it on your heart to 
love others enough to 
want to tell them how to 
be saved from their sins 
and from an eternity 
suffering torment in hell! 

2 Peter 3:9  

The Lord is not slack 
concerning his promise, 
as some men count 
slackness; but is 
longsuffering to us-ward, 
not willing that any 
should perish, but that 
all should come to 
repentance. 

In the verse below, Jesus 
Christ is commanding 
His disciples (all of us 
Christians) to witness 
to all the world. Sharing 
the love of Jesus should 
be our number one goal 
in life. After all, Jesus 
suffered and died for 
our sins even though 
He was innocent! 

Mark 16:15

And he said unto them, 
Go ye into all the world, 
and preach the gospel to 
every creature. 

Proverbs tells us that 
winning souls is wise. 
I would like to be wise. 
I also want Jesus to say, 
"Well done, good and 
faithful servant" 
(Matthew 25:21) when 
I finally meet Him 
face-to-face. We are 
witnessing for our 
precious Saviour and 
for the glory of God 
Almighty who loved us 
enough to make a way 
for us to spend eternity 
with Him in heaven!

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the 
righteous is a tree of 
life; and he that 
winneth souls is wise.

Perhaps you are shy about 
witnessing face-to-face, 
as I am. Or perhaps a 
busy schedule has not 
allowed opportunities to 
witness to others. 

Do not despair! There is 
an easy way to witness 
to others about Jesus 
Christ. You can do what 
I do...leave Chick 
Cartoon Tracts where 
ever you go. 

CAUTION: DO NOT PUT 
TRACTS IN MAILBOXES 
OR POST OFFICE 
BOXES - THAT IS 
ILLEGAL. 

Here are links to two 
websites that have 
Christian tracts. I like the 
fact that you can read the 
whole tract on both of 
these websites before 
you decide to buy them.  

The first site is where I 
buy most of my tracts, 
Chick Publication Cartoon 
Tracts (also a great place 
for DVDs, books, eBooks, 
free video blogs, and so 
much more.) Link Here.

The second site is Liberty 
Gospel Tracts. (They are 
not cartoon tracts, just word 
tracts.) They don't ask a 
charge for their tracts, but 
they do suggest sending a 
donation to cover the cost 
of printing and shipping. 
(Their site also has free 
Bible studies, answers to 
Bible questions, and so 
much more.) Link Here.

But, of course the best 
part of sharing tracts is 
that we are being 
obedient to God about 
witnessing to others 
about Jesus Christ. W
may never know this 
side of heaven whether 
someone will get saved 
from these tracts we 
are sharing; but in 
Isaiah God says that 
his Word will not come 
back void, but will 
accomplish what he 
wants! 

Isaiah 55:11  

So shall my word be 
that goeth forth out 
of my mouth: it shall 
not return unto me 
void, but it shall 
accomplish that which 
I please, and it shall 
prosper in the thing 
whereto I sent it. 

And after I leave a tract 
in my grocery cart, on a 
store shelf, inside a 
library book I'm returning, 
in the ladies room of a 
store, in the drop box at 
the library, on a store 
bench, on a windowsill, 
with your tip at a 
restaurant, at an ATM 
machine, etc., I pray 
that those tracts will 
bring someone to Christ. 

Just a note...If it's bad 
weather outside, Chick 
tracts fit perfectly inside 
a plastic snack bag. Also, 
the baggie keeps the 
tracts from getting wet, 
wrinkled, or dirty stuffed 
in my crowded purse.  

I hope that you will be 
able to find a way to 
witness for Jesus Christ, 
either through tracts or 
some other method. The 
fact that Jesus Christ 
died for each of us 
sinners so that we can 
spend eternity with Him 
in heaven is such an 
awesome Gift from God!  
I am so grateful for 
God's grace and mercy, 
and that's why I love 
sharing tracts with others 
so that they can find the 
peace and joy and hope 
I have in knowing that I 
have been saved from 
my sins, and that I will 
spend eternity in heaven 
when I die! Also, after I 
leave tracts in stores, 
etc., remember to pray 
that someone will come 
to Christ through those 
tracts.

1 John 5:13  

These things have I written 
unto you that believe on 
the name of the Son of God; 
that ye may know that ye 
have eternal life, and that 
ye may believe on the 
name of the Son of God. 

And if you know you have 
eternal life in heaven to look
forward to, you never have 
to be afraid of what comes 
after death! What freedom 
there is in knowing that! 

And if anyone you know 
does not yet know Jesus
Christ as their Saviour
and wants to have their
sins forgiven; go to 
the following link and 
find out how God's Holy
Word, the King James 
Bible, says they can have
their sins forgiven and go
to heaven when they die.