Comfort When Afraid

Matthew 6:34 (Jesus said:)
Take therefore no thought for
the morrow: for the morrow
shall take thought for the
things of itself. Sufficient
unto the day is the evil
thereof.


John 14:27 (Jesus said:)
Peace I leave with you, my
peace I give unto you: not
as the world giveth, give I
unto you. Let not your heart
be troubled, neither let it be
afraid.
Romans 8:31(b)
If God be for us, who can be
against us?

Romans
8:38 For I am persuaded, that
neither death, nor life, nor
angels, nor principalities, nor
powers, nor things present,
nor things to come,

8:39 Nor height, nor depth,
nor any other creature, shall
be able to separate us from
the love of God, which is in
Christ Jesus our Lord.

Joshua 1:9  
Have not I commanded
thee? Be strong and of
a good courage; be not
afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the LORD
thy God is with thee
whithersoever
thou goest.

Psalm 23:4 
Yea, though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of
death, I will fear no evil: for
thou art with me; thy rod
and thy staff they comfort
me.

Psalm 27:1 
A Psalm of David. The
LORD is my light and my
salvation; whom shall I
fear? the LORD is the
strength of my life; of
whom shall I be afraid? 

King David prayed to the
LORD, and God heard
and answered his
prayers.

Psalm 34:4  
I sought the LORD, and he
heard me, and delivered me
from all my fears.

When we are afraid, the
Bible tells us to pour out
our heart to God; and He
will be a refuge for us.

Psalm 62:8(a)  
Trust in him at all times; ye
people, pour out your heart
before him: God is a refuge
for us.

The Bible says if we trust in
God, He will be our shield.

Proverbs 30:5  
Every word of God is pure:
he is a shield unto them
that put their trust in him.

If we seek God when we are
afraid, the Bible says He will
not forsake you.

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name
will put their trust in thee: for
Thou, LORD, hast not
forsaken them that seek
thee.

King David prayed, asking
God to hear his prayer when
he was in distress (verse 1
below). In verse 8 David
says that he will lay down
and sleep in peace; which
means that God heard and
answered his prayer.

Psalm 4:8  
I will both lay me down in
peace, and sleep: for thou,
LORD, only makest me
dwell in safety.

The Bible says that if we
place our hope in the LORD,
He will strengthen our heart
with courage.

Psalm 31:24
Be of good courage, and he
shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the
LORD.

King David literally was
running for his life for a long
time; but he kept close to
God in prayer and put His
trust in Him.

Psalm 56:11
In God have I put my trust:
I will not be afraid what man
can do unto me.

King David believed in God
as his rock and his fortress
(a place of safety) in whom
he could trust, especially
in times of fear.  

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and
my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom
I will trust; my buckler [shield],
and the horn of my salvation,
and my high tower.

Isaiah 41:10  
Fear thou not; for I am with
thee: be not dismayed; for I
am thy God: I will strengthen
thee; yea, I will help thee;
yea, I will uphold thee with
the right hand of my
righteousness.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon
him; for he careth for you.

Psalm 46:1(b)
God is our refuge and
strength, a very present
help in trouble.

Deuteronomy
94:16 Who will rise up
for me against the
evildoers? or who will
stand up for me
against the workers of
iniquity?

94:22 But the LORD is my
defence; and my God is
the rock of my refuge.

Psalm 118:6
The LORD is on my
side; I will not fear: what
can man do unto me?