Understanding Roman Catholicism - Rick Jones

Understanding Roman
Catholicism by Rick
Jones is published by
Chick Publications; and
I highly recommend
for every dear Catholic
person and anyone
wanting to understand
what the Catholic
Church teaches. It is
a book written so well
that you will not
want to put it down.
And it concerns your
eternal destiny. I
pray that you will
consider getting this
book, and sharing
it with others.
I bought this book for
myself in order to
understand what
Roman Catholicism
teaches because
when one of my very
dearest Catholic
friends lost her
husband, she cried
her heart out for
over a year as if
she had no hope of
him ever getting
to heaven. It broke
my heart to see her
suffering so. I didn't
understand why she
felt that way,
because, although I
don't look forward
to physically dying
perhaps suffering
(I am a wuss when it
comes to pain), I
am no longer afraid
of what comes after
death because I
know Jesus Christ
as my personal
Saviour, and I know
that I will be with
Him in heaven
immediately after
I die.

Bold in scripture
verses is for
emphasis.

2 Corinthians 5:8  
We are confident, I
say, and willing
rather to be absent
from the body,
and to be present
with the Lord.

God is a loving God,
and does not want us
to be worrying our
whole lives whether
we will make it into
heaven or end up
in hellfire. That
would be a very
cruel God! But God
in heaven is a loving
God and that is why
He told us in His
Holy Word that we
can know we will
get to heaven when
we die.

1 John 5:13  

These things have I
written unto you that
believe on the name
of the Son of God;
that ye may know
that ye have
eternal life, and
that ye may
believe on the
name of the
Son of God.

Ephesians
2:8 For by grace [God's
unearned favor] are
ye saved through
faith; and that not of
yourselves: it is the
gift of God: 

2:9 Not of works, lest
any man should boast.

Here is how God's Holy-
Spirit-inspired Word,
the King James Bible,
says we can get to
heaven:

Romans 10:9 
That if thou shalt confess
with thy mouth the Lord
Jesus, and shalt
believe in thine heart
that God hath raised
him from the dead,
thou shalt be saved. 

This is what makes true
Christianity so exciting!
We can have peace
and joy and hope in this
life if we know we have
eternal life when we
die. And that also
means we never
have to fear what
comes after death
again! God in
heaven says so!!!

1 Peter
1:3 Blessed be the God
and Father of our Lord
Jesus Christ, which
according to his
abundant mercy hath
begotten us again
unto a lively hope
by the resurrection of
Jesus Christ from
the dead, 

1:4 To an inheritance
incorruptible, and
undefiled, and that
fadeth not away,
reserved in heaven
for you, 

1:5 Who are kept by
the power of God
through faith unto
salvation ready to
be revealed in the
last time. 

My hope and prayer
is that all Roman
Catholics, or
anyone who is
seeking knowledge
about the
teachings of
Roman Catholicism,
will read this book. It
has a wealth of
information; and is
written in a very
straightforward,
compassionate,
and compelling
manner.

The author of
'Understanding
Roman Catholicism'
simply explains 37
Roman Catholic
Doctrines, and then
asks you to decide -
after you have all
the facts from the
new Catholic
Catechism vs.
God's Holy Bible -
Who is the final
authority? - God's
Holy Word or the
traditions of men?
What did Jesus Christ,
our Lord and
Saviour, say about
traditions of men
versus the
commands of God?

Matthew
15:7 Ye hypocrites,
well did Esaias
[Greek form of Isaiah]
prophesy of you,
saying, 
15:8 This people
draweth nigh unto
me [God in heaven]
with their mouth,
and honoureth me
with their lips;
but their heart
is far from me. 
15:9 But in vain
they do worship
me, teaching for
doctrines the
commandments