The Blessings of God

I wanted to make this post 
showing God's blessings, 
both those specific 
blessings for all believers, 
and then more personal 
ones unique to each of 
us in order to remind us 
to thank him for his care 
in every aspect of our 
lives. When I read over 
this long list of 
blessings, it makes me 
realize just how much 
our loving, heavenly 
Father, God, 
deserves our praise 
and thanksgiving!


Thank God for Blessings 
for us as followers of 
Jesus Christ:

-For sacrificing his 
Sinless Son, Jesus 
Christ, to die on the 
cross to save you and 
me from our sins, for 
adopting us believers 
as children of God, 
and for giving us 
eternal life when 
we accept Jesus 
Christ as our 
personal Saviour. 

-For giving you and me 
his Holy Spirit to live 
within us (after we have
repented of our sins 
and accepted Jesus 
Christ as our Saviour) 
to help us to live the 
Christian life: to 
comfort us, guide us, 
convict us of sin, 
teach us how to 
understand the Bible, 
and help us to discern 
the difference 
between God’s will 
and wanting to do 
things our way.

-For giving us a 
"reservation in heaven" 
for eternity where 
there will be no death, 
sorrow, crying, or pain, 
and God will wipe away 
all our tears.

Bold in Bible verses 
is for emphasis. 

1 Peter 
1:3 Blessed be the God 
and Father of our Lord 
Jesus Christ, which 
according to his abundant 
mercy hath begotten us 
again unto a lively hope 
by the resurrection of 
Jesus Christ from the 
dead, 

1:4 To an inheritance 
incorruptible, and 
undefiled, and that 
fadeth not away, 
reserved in heaven 
for you, 

Revelation

21:3 And I heard a great 
voice out of heaven 
saying, Behold, the 
tabernacle of God is 
with men, and he will 
dwell with them, and 
they shall be his people, 
and God himself shall 
be with them, and be 
their God. 

21:4 And God shall wipe 
away all tears from their 
eyes; and there shall be 
no more death, neither 
sorrow, nor crying, 
neither shall there be 
any more pain: for the 
former things are 
passed away. 

- For planning to give each 
of us believers a new 
resurrection body that 
will be just like Jesus 
Christ's resurrected 
body: healthy, without 
handicaps, birth defects, 
deformities, weight 
problems, scars, bad 
eyesight, hearing 
loss, etc.

Philippians
3:20 For our conversation 
is in heaven; from 
whence also we look 
for the Saviour, the 
Lord Jesus Christ: 

3:21 Who shall change 
our vile body, that it 
may be fashioned like 
unto his glorious body
according to the working 
whereby he is able even 
to subdue all things unto 
himself. 

Thank God for Personal 
Blessings

-for eyesight 
-for hearing
-for mental health
-for mobility (being able to 
use our limbs)
-for basic general health
-for food, clothing, and 
shelter
-for loving family and 
friends to support, love 
and comfort us
-for a safe, quiet 
neighborhood with 
nice, friendly neighbors

Thank God for everyday 
and smaller blessings.  

-for our washer, dryer 
and dishwasher
-for letting me get home 
safely when I am too tired 
or not feeling well and 
am not as alert while 
driving as I should be

-for giving us a car so 
that we don't have to 
stand in all kinds of 
weather waiting for 
a bus to get where 
we need to go.

Thank God for specific 
personal blessings 
(substitute your own 
blessings - these are 
examples of some of 
mine)

-For giving me the gift 
of encouragement and 
of typing and writing so 
I can share Jesus 
Christ with others 
online.

-For allowing me to be 
laid off from work years 
ago so that I could 
leave my 'comfort zone' 
and learn about 
computers, website 
creation, and more.

-For providing a caring, 
supportive husband who 
loves me just as I am, 
many faults and all my 
annoying 
idiosyncrasies; and 
who tweets all my 
Bible study blog 
posts!

-For the privilege of living 
in Oregon, one of the 
most beautiful places in 
America.

-For the opportunity of 
sharing the gospel on this 
website.

-For blogger.com so I (a
non-geek) could create
a free website) to share
my faith in Jesus Christ.

-For always giving me 
jobs that I loved (customer 
service and secretarial), 
and for giving me nice 
people to work with and 
supervisors that were 
fair and kind.

-For taking care of us 
financially. We faithfully 
tithed even when we 
were strapped for money. 
And several times God 
sent us money from 
unexpected sources that 
helped us out of financial 
difficulty. Once He 
provided 'miracle' money 
at a time when we had 
another large car repair 
bill, right after I was laid 
off of my job of 12-1/2 
years. The source of the 
money to pay the bill 
was a life insurance 
policy that my Dad 
(deceased) took out 
on me 58 years ago - 
which I never knew 
about! The  $300 of 
the insurance money 
was almost the exact 
amount of the car 
bill! Praise God! 

- I could go on and on, 
but you get the idea about 
how good God has been 
to us.

-Think about what he has 
done for you and your 
family. And then thank God
for those blessings. 

Jesus put it this way 
about God's provision 
for us...

Matthew

6:31 Therefore take no 
thought, saying, What 
shall we eat? or, What 
shall we drink? or, 
Wherewithal shall 
we be clothed? 

6:32 
(For after all these 
things do the Gentiles 
seek:) for your 
heavenly Father knoweth 
that ye have need of all 
these things. 

6:33 
But seek ye first 
the kingdom of God, 
and his righteousness; 
and all these things 
shall be added unto 
you. 

God is so faithful to 
provide for us. He 
truly cares for you and 
me. 

THANK YOU, LORD, 
FOR TAKING SUCH 
GOOD CARE OF US! 
WE LOVE YOU!!