I Have Cancer And I Am Not Afraid To Die!

I wrote this in the winter of 
2017, but I keep 
republishing it because 
the information might still 
be helpful to some of my 
readers who may have 
just been told they 
have cancer, and may 
be facing surgery and 
radiation, like I had. 

2016...In September I got 
a call from my doctor 
saying that I had cancer
in both breasts. Since 
then I have been having 
lots of tests done in the 
hospital, plus 
appointments with the 
surgeon and the 
oncologist. My surgery 
is tomorrow morning, 
November 7th. My 
precious husband, my 
stepson and his fiancĂ© 
will be there all day 
with him while I'm in 
surgery. My other 
stepson wanted to be 
there, but had work 
obligations that kept 
him away. I am grateful 
that my husband will 
not have to be alone 
for hours waiting until 
I get out of surgery 
and recovery. I am so 
blessed to have such 
a supportive family.    

First before I go further, 
dear readers, I want to 
share with you that it is 
very important to get 
regular mammograms 
no matter how old you 
are (at the time of 
surgery I am 67)! My 
surgeon said that 
because I was getting 
mammograms regularly, 
the cancer was caught 
early, and I believe 
could be the reason I 
am alive today! 

But I believe the good part 
about the cancer diagnosis 
is that I have had more 
opportunities to share 
my faith about the Lord 
Jesus Christ, the Saviour 
of the world; mostly on 
this blog because I was
so busy with tests and
so tired! Cancer seems
to make you tired. But
that is 'normal'. Just 
pace yourself. 

And although I am not
crazy about possibly 
suffering physically before 
I die (I am a woos about 
pain), as a Christian I am 
not afraid of what comes 
after death because I know 
exactly where I will go if 
God calls me home. 
Heaven is our real home! 
The verse below is one 
of my favorite Bible verses. 
I love that when my eyes 
close in death, I will 
immediately be in the 
presence of my loving 
Saviour, Jesus Christ! 
How awesome is that!
I never have to fear what
comes after death. What
freedom and peace 
there is in knowing that.
I will tell you how you 
can know that hope,
peace and joy later in
this post.  

2 Corinthians 5:8  
We are confident, I say, 
and willing rather to be 
absent from the body, 
and to be present with 
the Lord.

And if you would like to know
how you can be saved from
your sins and go to heaven
when you die, God's Holy
Word, the King James 
Bible tells us how. Go to
link below (How to go to
heaven); and then you
can also know that hope,
peace, and joy that I felt
when I faced cancer 
surgeryWhat a 
blessed gift from 
our loving heavenly 
Father to give us 
that hope in His Bible
so we do not have to 
worry our whole lives 
what happens after 
death!  


Now back to my cancer 
journey...

The 'nurse navigator' from 
the hospital called me 
ahead of time to explain 
details about the 
procedures I will face 
before and after surgery. 
She thought that I 
would be upset 
emotionally about the 
cancer; but I am not. 
Emotionally I am fine 
because I know that 
Jesus Christ, the 
Sinless Son of God, 
loved me enough to die 
in my place to pay my 
sin debt in full and 
then he rose from the 
dead three days later 
and was witnessed 
by over 500 people 
alive! Jesus is alive 
and in heaven waiting 
for us who have 
accepted Him as 
Saviour to come home 
to him when our 
earthly life is over. 

God calls it "fallen
asleep" when 
believers die 
because we leave
this world and wake
up in heaven! 

1 Corinthians 15:6 
After that, he [Jesus 
Christ] was seen of 
above five hundred 
brethren [believers] 
at once; of whom the 
greater part remain 
unto this present, 
but some are fallen 
asleep [died].

Another comforting Bible 
verse says that Jesus 
Christ will never leave me. 
He is with me 24/7. It is 
comforting to know that 
no matter what, Jesus 
will never leave me. 
Although people may 
not always be able to be 
there for you, you can 
always pray to Jesus 
Christ for help to get 
through whatever you 
are facing. 

Hebrews 13:5
...for he [Jesus] hath said, 
I will never leave thee, 
nor forsake thee.

And this is the verse that
I repeated when I needed
strength to get through
all the tests and what-
not that I went through
in my 'cancer journey'.

Philippians 4:13  
I can do all things through 
Christ which 
strengtheneth me.

My surgeon knew that I 
was a Christian, and then 
she shared with me that 
she prays before each 
surgery to ask God to 
guide her hands. That 
was a great comfort. 

And if it is God's will that I 
survive this surgery, 
then to God be the glory! 
And if I do not survive, then 
I will be instantly in heaven 
with Jesus, my Lord and 
Saviour!  I repeat this 
verse because it is one 
of my favorite promises 
from God's Holy Word, 
the King James Bible
that gives me comfort. 
I hope it will comfort
you, too.

2 Corinthians 5:8 

We are confident, I say, 
and willing rather to be 
absent from the body, 
and to be present with 
the Lord.

And I am repeating the 
information on this link 
in case you missed it. If 
you would like to know 
how to be saved from 
your sins and know that 
when you die you will 
go to heaven, read my 
Bible study called 'How 
Can I Get To Heaven?'.  
Link here.

And here is a link to my 
post 'What Do I Do Now 
That I Am Saved?'  
Link here.

And here is a link to my 
post 'Tips I Learned 
Before and After Breast 
Cancer Surgery.